Your sense of hearing is essential to everything from absorbing important information during business meetings to making small talk with the checker at the grocery store. Having healthy hearing promotes greater productivity, a heightened ability to enjoy music and the arts and an increased opportunity to foster meaningful social interactions. Unfortunately, there are a number of things that can adversely affect your hearing, especially as you get older. The problem is that gradual decreases in hearing ability often go unnoticed, and you might not realize just how bad your hearing has gotten. To avoid being held back by hearing problems, consider some of the signs that you should get a hearing test in Waterloo, IA:
- You often ask people to repeat themselves: Everyone has had to ask for clarification at one time or another, but if you are constantly asking people to repeat themselves or speak up, it could be because something is amiss with your hearing.
- Your volume is excessively loud: Have your friends or family members ever commented on how loud your television or phone volume is? It may be that gradual hearing loss is causing you to require louder and louder volume on your electronic devices. Instead of cranking up the volume all the time, you might want to get a hearing test in Waterloo, IA and find out if hearing aids might be able to help you.
- You hear ringing: An audible ringing sound, or tinnitus, is a common experience that many people will have at one time or another, but persistent tinnitus is a sign of a problem. Although tinnitus is most commonly experienced by older adults, it can also be present in children or teens. If your child consistently complains of ringing or pain in the ears, you should take them to see an audiologist.
- Phone calls are a pain: Talking on the phone is a great way to connect with loved ones, and it may be an essential part of your job, but hearing problems can turn a simple phone conversation into a challenge. There are many hearing aids that work well for phone conversations and can make it much easier for you to hear the person on the other end of the line.
- Background noise is overwhelming: If you find it especially difficult to distinguish voices and conversations when you are in a crowded public place, it may be because of hearing loss. This can have negative impacts on your social life and may make you hesitant to go to restaurants or other social spaces. A hearing test in Waterloo, IA will determine whether you have any hearing loss and will help your audiologist determine which devices may help improve your ability to hear.
If you’ve experienced any symptoms of hearing loss, make sure you get things checked out by a professional. At Potter’s Hearing Aid Service, we would be happy to provide you with a professional hearing test in Waterloo, IA, and can work with you to find the right hearing aids for your needs and budget. We have been working with customers since 1986, and we offer a range of hearing products and services.
Categorised in: Hearing Test
This post was written by Writer